The provision and use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (Regulation 9) requires that any person using a piece of work equipment that presents a significant risk to the user must be trained, understand the hazards associated with using an abrasive wheel, use the correct PPE and understand the Health and Safety Legislation relative to Abrasive Wheels.
DHK Safety provide Abrasive Wheel Training Courses on a regular frequency so you can be assured of getting your training at a time and place that suits you
Who This Course is for
- Participants taking part in this course will be given the knowledge and skills to enable them to use abrasive wheels safely including all aspects of the correct mounting, setting and use of abrasive wheels
- Understanding of the Legislation relative to Abrasive Wheels
- Identify the hazards associated working with Abrasive Wheels
- Conduct a risk assessment for abrasive wheels
- Evaluate the causes of Abrasive Wheels accidents
- Selecting & mounting
- Guarding of the grinding/cutting machines
- Dressing & turning the wheel
- PPE required when using abrasive wheel
This is a half day course.
Participants will be asked to carry out a Practical Test followed by a written test during the course.
It can be conducted on site in the Employers place of business, or at a nominated venue.
It is recommended that participants undergo a Refresher Course every three years.
- Help meet the requirements for Abrasive Wheel
- Understand current legislation
- Understand how to implement Abrasive Wheel Safety
- Certificate will be provided to each participant upon completion of the course