The course will teach you all you need to know about safe manual handling. Being competent in safe carrying and lifting techniques is a legal requirement in Ireland that all employees involved in any manual activity in the workplace must be trained in Manual Handling: The Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (General Regulations) 2007, Chapter 4, Regulations 68 and 69 apply to manual handling in the workplace.
Who This Course is for
- Employers are required by law to ensure that all employee have completed this course if they engage in manual handling activities such as lifting, carrying, pulling or pushing within their roles
- Have an understanding of the legislation relative to Manual Handling
- Understand the anatomy of the spine, the muscular system and their uses in relation to manual handling
- Conduct a manual handling hazard identification and risk assessment
- Lift and handle any type of loads safely.
- Back care in everyday life.
- Importance of physical fitness
- Lifting to and from ground level / height / bench level.
- Pushing /Pulling
- Team Lifting
- Lifting of loads appropriate to the workplace
This is a half-day course. Participants will be asked to carry out an Assessment followed by a theory test during the course.
It can be conducted on-site in the Employers place of business, or at a nominated venue. It is recommended that participants undergo a Refresher Course every three years.
Participants should wear loose-fitting comfortable clothing (trousers) and closed-toe shoes.
- Help meet the requirement for Manual Handling
- Understand current legislation
- Understand how to implement Manual Handling Safety
- Certificate will be provided to each participant upon completion of the course