This one day ATV (Quad) Training Course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge, skills and attitude to operate an All Terrain Vehicle (quad) in a competent and safe manner.
Who This Course is for
- This course is for anyone who use ATV in connection with their work. This includes novices and experienced operators who require a refresher to update their skills. In all cases, they must achieve the standard necessary for certification.
ATV (Quad) – All Terrain Vehicle Course Content:
- Machine Safety and the Law
- About Sit-Astride All Terrain Vehicles
- What is a Sit-Astride ATV?
- Traction and Tyres
- Common Causes of Accidents
- Vehicle Inspection and Routine Checks
- Start-up Procedure and Riding Techniques
- Riding on Diverse Terrain
- Failed Hill Climb Procedures
- Carrying Loads and Trailed Equipment
- Auxiliary Equipment
This is a full-day course.
Training Times: 9:00am – 4:00pm.
Participants will be asked to carry out an Assessment followed by a theory test during the course.
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical training.
It is recommended that participants undergo a Refresher Course every five years.
At the end of this course, the Learner will be able to:
- Comply with legal requirements, with an emphasis on safe practice
- Identify the risks associated with using a Sit-Astride ATV select and use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Understand the main causes of accidents
- Identify the controls and components
- Understand the functions of all the instruments
- Carry out daily checks as indicated in the manufacturer’s operator’s manual (MOM)
- Carry out appropriate pre-start checks
- Identify and report any faults
- Carry out an onsite risk assessment and plan the route
- Identify loading and towing capacities
- Operate the ATV safely on a variety of: slopes and terrain, carry out a failed hill climb, demonstrate active riding, ride with loads and/or trailed equipment
- Load and secure vehicles for transport on the road